2012-07-19

Dream Journal

I don't know much about dreams; it's on my to-do list for conducting further research.  One day I decided to put the ones from memory down in writing as well as any others I would be fortunate enough to recall as I wake up.

I think I tend to get caught up in imaginations too much.  Daydreaming, escapism, that sort of thing.  Perhaps, then, the experience of a genuine reality within dreams makes it that much more enticing.  Even the ones bordering on nightmares still contain the significant, fascinating element of exploring another world.  The unknown out there is such a strong draw.  Other times the dreams don't reveal much of a setting, and my interest will be directed towards the entertainment value and cause for these visions.

Upon waking there's that lingering altered perception of the world.  Like taking back a piece of the dream with you.  It's...really something.

I don't have a strong command of the English language.  I've yet to reach the level of illustrating what the mind sees.  It feels like a bit of a futile attempt to try and describe what's out there with this limited vocabulary of mine.  Sometimes there's not enough going on, or the majority of the dream revolves around the scenery, or the recollection is broken enough that you're only left with snapshots to follow a general story.  For now I can only hold on to the reminders, and one day I'll be able to create a photograph of the memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment